A hypnotherapist or hypnotherapist practitioner is someone who is trained to use hypnosis as a form of treatment and therapy for their clients. Hypnosis has been known to work wonders in altering behavior patterns, overcoming fears, and letting go of long-term bad habits. Hypnotherapist practitioners work closely with clients to understand the problems that they face, and to find the best way to use hypnosis to overcome these issues.
These sessions usually include consultations where the hypnotherapist explains the process of hypnosis to the client, and then tries to determine the best way to approach the issue with this particular individual. Before therapy begins, the client discusses what they hope to achieve from the therapy and what they would like to resolve. This gives the hypnotherapist a clearer idea about how to help the client.
It is important for hypnotherapists to be understanding and open-minded. They are guides who can help their clients achieve their true potential and overcome their shortcomings through regular sessions of hypnosis. They must assess their client’s susceptibility to suggestion and then effectively use hypnosis to target the issues at hand.
Uses and Benefits of Effective Hypnotherapy
There are several ways that a qualified hypnotherapist practitioner can help their clients. Studies have shown that hypnotic suggestion is an effective and long-lasting way to change behavior and improve an individual’s outlook on life. Hypnotherapy has been used to treat or assist in:
- Psychotherapy for patients suffering from hysteria, anxiety, and mild depression
- Fighting off phobias, irrational fears and bad habits
- Overcoming childhood traumas and fear that have resulted from them
- Enhance recovery after surgeries
- Soothe nerves before stressful situations like surgeries, flights, and exams
- Reduce mild physiological issues like skin rashes, irritable bowel syndrome, and even mild allergies
- Reduction of pain during labor by using hypnotherapy before childbirth
Studies are even showing that hypnotherapy can be used to overcome bulimia nervosa. Of course, practitioners of hypnotherapy need to understand that hypnotic suggestion takes time. They need to be patient with their clients, and it can take several sessions for results to become apparent.
Qualities of a Good Hypnotherapist Practitioner
Being a hypnotherapist requires a lot of patience and good communication. When people look for a hypnotherapist, they look for more than just certification. That’s why it’s important to understand what qualities hypnotherapists should have:
- They need to be intelligent enough to understand how hypnosis works, and how to use it effectively
- Connect with people around them and be able to build a rapport with anyone. Clients need to feel comfortable with you for their sessions to be successful
- Be a people person
- Empathy is very important. If you cannot put yourself in your client’s shoes, you won’t be successful in helping them overcome their issues
- Strong communication skills so you can convey the suggestion clearly to the client. You also need to be able to understand what your client’s goals are
- Hypnotherapists need to be confidential about sessions with their clients, just like psychologists
- Punctuality and preparedness are important
- Never be judgmental of your clients, it your job to help them
- Listen closely and actively to what your client is saying
Above all, clients need to feel like they can trust the hypnotherapist practitioner, and confide in them. At Let’s Live, we can teach you how to understand the client and look beyond their words to identify the root of their issues.
Advantages of Being a Hypnotherapist Practitioner
Being a hypnotherapist practitioner is no easy task. Many feel that hypnotherapists should have a degree in subjects like psychology, but that isn’t always necessary. Being able to listen and empathize with a client, and knowing how to wield hypnotherapy as a tool is what is most important for success.
With coaching from Let’s Live, you will learn not just the inner workings of hypnotherapy, but also the communication and people skills that are essential to this field. With these traits on your side, you can help others achieve the best in their lives and let go of their past fears and problems.
Let’s-Live Coaching Contact Details:
Contact our Friendly Staff Now:
- Contact Form: Contact Us
- Voice: +27 12 6838836
- Mobile: +27 760 334191
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
National and International Life Coaching Accreditation and Certification Training Provider
© 2005 Let’s-Live Life Coaching Training Institute (PTY) LTD. All Rights Reserved
© 2005 Let’s-Live Life Coaching and Let’s-Live Life Coaching Articles. All Rights Reserved
© Francois Janse Van Rensburg Owner and Author and Executive Master Coach Trainer
Powered by COMENSA | ICR | ITA |SACDR |Self-Growth |BODY and MIND|
Contact: Voice +27 12 683 8836 Mobile +27 076 0334191 Email email@example.com
The Pioneers in Life Coaching Courses and NLP Training Courses in South Africa and Beyond