Why Hypnosis and NLP?
Therapies such as hypnosis and (NLP) neuro-linguistic programming help people improve themselves from within. These tools, when used correctly, will lead to better communication and problem-solving abilities, personal development, and a greater understanding of others around you.
By training your behavioural patterns, you can overcome the little hurdles that may get in your way, both in your personal and professional lives. You will find that you are better equipped to achieve your goals and dreams than ever before. You’ll also find that your mind is clearer, and you are able to find solutions to your problems more easily.
However, Hypnosis and NLP are not the same thing. They are two very different approaches to similar problems. They can both be used as tools to help overcome conflict, and improve communication, but their approach and range are highly varied. NLP focuses on the linguistic element of your persona, while hypnosis can help you with a variety of personal issues.
What are the differences between Hypnosis and NLP?
Hypnosis, by definition, is the act of using hypnotic induction and suggestion to help a person explore their minds and their motivations. It can be administered by a professional to a patient, or even to oneself. Often, hypnosis is used as a therapeutic way of treating phobias and other mental and emotional problems. This is called hypnotherapy. The main aim of hypnotherapy is to address issues at their very root by treating the cause of the problem or behaviour.
NLP varies from hypnosis because it focuses on linguistics and related elements that influence the patient’s neurological processes. Communication is the focal point in this type of therapy, as well as how this communication can influence actions and behaviours. This way, NLP is more about learning to program our communication skills, rather than acting as a therapeutic guide.
Benefits of Hypnosis
There are a variety of applications to hypnosis. It is used not only to treat various mental and emotional shortcomings, but also to find the source of these problems. It can also be used to better individuals by addressing issues from their past that may be influencing them and holding them back. Here are some advantages that come with hypnotherapy:
- Treating addictions: From alcohol and drugs to food and bad habits, regular sessions can rid you of these bad habits for good.
- Achieving physiological goals: Studies have shown that hypnotherapy can help people stay on their diet and keep the weight off. It can help reduce a person’s dependency on food.
- Managing pain: Those who suffer from chronic pain can often find solace in hypnotherapy. From arthritis to migraines, it helps where diet and drugs cannot. Self-hypnosis is a great tool for learning to live with chronic pain.
- Reducing stress: Stress can lead to a variety of far more serious health issues. Learning to cope with the stress of daily life will go a long way in keeping an individual healthy. Hypnosis leaves you feeling relaxed and refreshed, ready to face the tasks ahead.
- Recovering and addressing childhood trauma: Sometimes, in an effort to repress pain or feelings of low self-esteem, we tend to push aside old memories. These memories still influence our behaviour subconsciously. That’s where hypnotherapy comes in; it allows you to find the child inside that is hurt, and work through the difficult issues.
- Changing your behaviour: For behavioural or personality issues such as a short temper, irritation, and other counter-productive traits, hypnosis is a great tool. It can help replace the negativity and coach you on how to react in certain situations. With these new messages, you’ll find more optimum ways to communicate at work and at home.
Benefits of NLP
Like hypnosis, NLP also has its application in changing the negative behaviour in an individual. By training their mind to decode a situation and communicate effectively, NLP can help them overcome rash and temperamental responses, and live up to their full potential. It helps by empowering a patient to:
- Be a better manager
- Improve communication at home, work, and other situations
- Overcome hurdles, both internal and external
- Think clearly and make smarter decisions
- Push or even break through limitations in themselves
- Learn more about their personality and capabilities
- Gain an edge in the business scene
- Gain confidence in themselves and their abilities
- Form better interpersonal relationships
Let’s-Live Coaching Contact Details:
Contact our Friendly Staff Now:
- Contact Form: Contact Us
- Voice: +27 12 6838836
- Mobile: +27 760 334191
- Email: email@example.com
National and International Life Coaching Accreditation and Certification Training Provider
© 2005 Let’s-Live Life Coaching Training Institute (PTY) LTD. All Rights Reserved
© 2005 Let’s-Live Life Coaching and Let’s-Live Life Coaching Articles. All Rights Reserved
© Francois Janse Van Rensburg Owner and Author and Executive Master Coach Trainer
Powered by COMENSA | ICR | ITA |SACDR |Self-Growth |BODY and MIND|
Contact: Voice +27 12 683 8836 Mobile +27 076 0334191 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pioneers in Life Coaching Courses and NLP Training Courses in South Africa and Beyond